Thorlos: Your Protection against Foot Conditions
The more active you are, the more likely you are to have a foot condition that could interfere with your enjoyment of the activity, and maybe even stop you from participating entirely. Regular socks not only don’t help—they actually may be the cause, by slipping around in the shoe or absorbing moisture. Independent research shows that Thorlos clinically-tested padded socks (CTPS), properly fitted with your shoes and any inserts or orthotics, can help protect against these harmful effects. We have specially designed, activity-specific, clinically-tested padded socks for just about every activity. Our Product Finder will identify the best padded Thorlos for you. Watch our design videos, which tell you how much work and testing go into the making of our activity-specific Thorlos. Because we put the padding in just the right places for each sport, the chances of your developing a foot condition is reduced.
Thorlos Padded Socks Created with Clinically-Tested Padding
Over the past 20 years, our padding has been the subject of eight independent clinical research studies that were subsequently published in peer-reviewed medical journals. The results of those studies showed that Thorlos CTPS, made with our special padding, reduces blisters, foot pain and other foot conditions by absorbing impact loads and shearing forces; reduces pressures on the feet that contribute to pain and other foot conditions; and also wicks (or moves) moisture away from the foot—important because excessive moisture is a catalyst for blisters, athlete’s foot and other fungal and bacterial infections.
Foot Condition Videos
Watch these videos to see exactly how Thorlos help protect against some of the most common foot conditions, including:
- Athlete’s foot - Watch and see how Thorlos are designed to control the moisture inside your footwear that can set the stage for athlete's foot, and how Thorlos clinically-tested padding protects irritated parts of your feet if you already have athlete’s foot.
- Black toe - Watch and see how Thorlos clinically-tested padding can play a critical role in assuring your footwear fits properly, greatly reducing the impact and pressures that cause black toe.
- Blisters - Watch and see how Thorlos padding has been clinically shown to reduce blisters.
- Calluses - Watch and see how Thorlos clinically-tested padding helps reduce the intense pressures and friction forces that can cause calluses.
- Foot pain - Watch and see how Thorlos padding has been clinically shown to reduce foot pain.
- Plantar fasciitis - Watch and see how the special clinically-tested padding in Thorlos can help reduce foot pain associated with plantar fasciitis
- Sore feet - Watch and see how Thorlos clinically-tested padding helps reduce many of the issues associated with sore feet.
Thorlos CTPS for Arthritis and Diabetes Foot Health
You are also at risk for foot conditions if you have a chronic illness such as rheumatoid arthritis, which can change the shape and function of the bones in your feet, or diabetes, which reduces blood flow to your legs and feet. If you have arthritis or diabetes and your feet are not at immediate risk of ulceration, we recommend PADDS®.
Watch our diabetes video to see how Thorlos helps protect against diabetes-related foot conditions. See our PADDS design video for information on how PADDS can help your feet if you have arthritis or diabetes.
If you have diagnosed diabetes and your feet are at risk of ulceration and amputation, make sure your doctor checks your feet regularly, and talk with him or her about Thorlos MEDDS®,which are available only from a health care professional.