Padded Socks for Cracked Heels
This is how Thorlos engineered padded socks for cracked heels work:
The content on this page has been reviewed by Dr. Kevin Soden MD, THORLO’s Chief Medical Officer, and Jerome Gallenstein, THORLO’s Staff Certified & Licensed Pedorthist
- Thorlos engineered padding minimizes friction – one of the key forces that contributes to the skin drying out, then cracking.
- Unlike 100% cotton or wool, THOR-LON® acrylic yarn will not absorb the lotions or ointments you are using to treat your dry, cracked feet.
- Thorlos padding is clinically-tested — shown in independent studies to reduce foot pain, blisters, pressures and the moisture that leads to other problematic foot conditions.
- Brand Promise Guarantee: Your feet will feel better or Thorlos will give you your money back*
MILLIONS ENJOYING BETTER FEELING FEET WITH THORLOS
These are just a few who are experiencing relief from cracked heels and calluses.
Disappointed in these socksI have been disappointed in these socks, because after a few washings, the heels started to fall down into my shoes! They were too expensive to sit in my drawer, so I wear them but am forced to often remove my shoe to pull them up! Thankfully a few ...Style: XCTU view these socks
Good protection for heel and toesafer, due to the protective support of the heel and toe while walking and engaging in other everyday activitiesStyle: XCCU view these socks
Good walking socksi love these socks. The are very comfortable. My grandson has 8 pairs. The podiatrist suggested them. He has had problems with his heels for a very long time. These socks seem to help. His heels are not perfect, but they are a lot better when wearing ...Style: LWMXW view these socks
Great stepping with supportThis article, hugs your arch so that it feels like you have an arch support in your shoe. The extra support on the top part of the sock helps when tying shoe laces a bit too tight. There is also an extra padding on the heel of the sock which is great ...Style: LWMXW view these socks
Crack soxI made the mistake of trying these socks once. Nothing else will do now.Style: KX view these socks
best socks everCompared to all the Thorlos I own, these are now my favorite socks. Height is perfect, cushions perfectly on the heel and under the toes, very soft. Top is soft around the ankles.Style: JMX view these socks
How Thorlos Help
Thorlos clinically-tested padded socks (CTPS) have a role in both the treatment and prevention of cracked heels, also called heel fissures caused by dry skin.
- Role in Treatment: Lotions and ointments can help, but most of those products will wear off quickly or be absorbed by a cotton sock before the lotion can be of much help. Thorlos THORLON® acrylic yarn will not absorb the lotion. Further, Thorlos protective engineered padding will comfort the cracked area reducing the friction, impact and pressures that would otherwise slow the healing process.
- Role in Prevention: Minimizing heel cracks or avoiding them altogether is important to preventive foot health. Wearing shoes that have strong heel counters that hold the heel in place inside the shoe and don’t allow the heels to wiggle about too much can help. But perhaps the most help actually will come from wearing a pair of Thorlos clinically-tested padded socks. They’ve been designed with engineered padding that minimizes friction – the key force that contributes to skin drying out and subsequent cracks occurring. The THOR-LON acrylic fibers will not absorb the lotions and ointments you use on your feet like cotton sock will, thereby giving those products more time to deliver their healing qualities to the damaged areas.
Thorlos Role in Sjogren's Syndrome
While Thorlos has not been subjected to clinical testing in Sjogren's syndrome (a condition in which the moisture-producing glands stop working properly), many consumers have shared positive results. Their experience is that the padding in Thorlos holds their moisturizing lotion against their foot allowing it work much better.
“I'm so grateful I discovered Thorlos Walking Socks! I've been taking medication for breast cancer for almost a year now, and it causes a condition that makes the skin on the bottom of my feet to burn. They get severely dry and crack and sometimes bleed.
No lotions or creams have ever really helped. My doctor recommended that I wear socks all the time, even to bed. I didn't notice a difference in my feet until I started wearing your socks! I don't know how to explain it, but previously, when I took my socks off at night, my feet were dry and cracked despite all the creams I used. Since wearing your socks all the time, when I take them off before bathing, my feet are just as smooth as when I put the cream and socks on in the morning.
And walking is no longer painful to my foot skin. No matter what socks I wore before, the carpet would cause my feet to burn. I don't notice it with your socks!’ Doris H.
Thorlos Padded Socks are Clinically-Tested
The padding in Thorlos CTPS is clinically shown to reduce:
Curious but not yet convinced that Thorlos CTPS can help you address your cracked heel foot pain? We invite you to try your first pair free…just pay shipping and handling.
Click this link to see OUR FIRST PAIR FREE OFFER.
Causes and Risks of Cracked Heels
Cracked heels occur when the skin is excessively dry. This can be the result of wearing open-heeled footwear, prolonged standing, pressure on the heels as when repeatedly striking the ground during exercise, and rubbing caused by improperly fitted shoes.
Some medical conditions can lead to the formation of fissures on the heels. For example, neuropathy in people with diabetes can affect the ability to perspire, leading to skin dryness. A rare condition called “Sjogren’s Syndrome” leads to dry skin as the body’s immune system attacks moisture-producing glands (While Thorlos have not been subjected to clinical testing in Sjogren's syndrome, people with the condition have shared positive results, stating that the padding in Thorlos holds moisturizing lotion against their feet, allowing it to work better). Certain skin conditions such as psoriasis, eczema and fungal infections also cause dry skin and increase the likelihood of cracking.
Regardless of the cause, when cracks become deep enough they can be quite painful. If untreated, they can become infected and require medical attention.
30-DAY Brand Promise Guarantee
Try Now at No Risk to You
*THORLO stands behind all its foot-protection products. Our 30-day brand promise: Your feet will feel better or your money back®!
Made in the USA
Thorlos are proudly made in the USA. To learn more about our craft and commitment to retaining our manufacturing in the USA, we invite you to watch our video entitled “An American Brand Story.”
Medical & Technical Content Review
The content on this page has been reviewed by:
- Dr. Kevin Soden MD, THORLO’s Chief Medical Officer
- Jerome Gallenstein, THORLO’s Staff Certified & Licensed Pedorthist
Remember; always consult your physician if you have pain, redness or other indications of problems in any area of your feet that persist for more than a few days.